How to use ProSurface to protect
yourself and your patients from the Coronavirus
As the death toll from the Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) continues to rise in China, health authorities and institutions worldwide are working together to prevent its spread.
About the Coronavirus
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the current strain of Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) is the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China. Initially, infected patients had visited a large seafood and animal market in the area, suggesting animal-to-person spread. However, a growing number of patients have not been exposed to animal markets, indicating that person-to-person spread is occurring.
Preventing further transmission of the Coronavirus
The World Health Organization (WHO) has issued the following recommendations for the general public to follow to help prevent the virus from spreading:
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw tissue away immediately and wash hands thoroughly.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and a cough.
- If you have fever, a cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care promptly and share travel history with your healthcare provider.
- When visiting livestock markets in areas currently experiencing coronavirus, avoid direct contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals.
- Avoid consuming raw or undercooked animal products. Raw meat, milk or animal organs should be handled with care to avoid cross-contamination, as per good food safety practices.
Killing the Coronavirus
In addition to following the WHO’S recommendations, surfaces should be disinfected with a disinfectant product whose label confirms that it is effective against the coronavirus. One such product, Medicom ProSurface disinfectant, available in wipes and spray, kills the Coronavirus in a single step and in just one 60 seconds when used in accordance with label instructions. In addition to killing the Coronavirus, ProSurface also eliminates 48 pathogens, including bacteria, viruses, fungi and TB, without damaging surfaces.
How to use ProSurface to kill the Coronavirus
To ensure that ProSurface effectively kills all pathogens, including the Coronavirus, follow these simple instructions:
- Ensure that the treated surface remains visibility wet for 60 seconds
- Allow surface to air dry
Medicom also recommends that ProSurface spray not be diluted or combined with any other chemicals or liquids.
Watch our video on the ProSurface
To learn more about ProSurface visit www.medicom.com.